Website support packages
WebWorks support packages
From helping in the event of a hack attack and providing technical help with WordPress or Magento, to creating amazing digital marketing campaigns, we want to make sure that we are always on hand to help and support you. As our customer base continues to grow we are also keen to continue providing the fast personal service that has contributed to our success so far. In order to keep your website safer from attack, WordPress and the plug-ins we use to deliver the great features you enjoy on your website need to be updated regularly. Updating WordPress and the plug-ins used can be a case of clicking on the update button. HOWEVER, when making these updates we cannot always guarantee that the new versions will work with each other. To control this and try to avoid any loss of service or functionality, we would like to be making these updates for you. That way we can reduce the likelihood of down time, and manage any technical issues for you proactively as they arise. To facilitate this we have put together a range of website support options that we hope will give all of our customers full peace of mind . We therefore need ALL of our existing customers to choose one of the following service levels:
1. I am happy to make all updates myself and accept that an emergency hourly rate will be charged should I need emergency help*
*Emergency support £100 + VAT per hour 9am-5.30pm. £150.00 + VAT per hour evenings and weekends. Minimum £50 charge. Scheduled non urgent work will be quoted for as usual.
2. I would like to have the Global River team make all updates weekly on my behalf and would like to set up a standing order for £30 per month per website to cover this.
a. This process will greatly reduce the chance of a hack attack but does not include any remediation work should your site be hacked, nor any work to fix issues that arise from plug-in failure. Emergency work will be carried out at the emergency rates listed above. Whilst keeping WordPress up to date will reduce the chance of a hack attack, this is not a guarantee against your site being hacked. Global River will not be held responsible for any website down time or loss of business arising from a hack attack. All work will be carried out on a “best endeavours” basis. This will be carried out at the emergency rates listed above.
3. I would like to have the Global River team make all updates on my behalf and am happy to set up a standing order for £50 per month per website to cover the updates. In the event of a hack attack or issues arising from any of the updates, ALL remediation work will be carried out by Global River without further charge.
a. Whilst keeping WordPress up to date will reduce the chance of a hack attack, this is not a guarantee against your site being hacked. Global River will not be held responsible for any website down time or loss of business arising from a hack attack. All work will be carried out on a “best endeavours” basis.
a. All my updates will be made FOC
b. Any emergency work will be undertaken at the (much) reduced hourly rate
5. I would like to go on a full WebWorks contract and get the full benefits of regular marketing work as well as Free updates, please get in touch.
What coverage do I get with my hosting package
We recommend that all of our customers host their websites with us on Rackspace which most of you do. The following support is already included in your hosting package:
- 100% network uptime guarantee
- Live URL monitoring – Global River will be alerted of any issues that are affecting the performance of your website. The Rackspace team will also be alerted and start to assess the problem
- 24/7/365 Server monitoring
- Daily backups on 2 week retention – Copies of your website can be retrieved from the back up should this be needed. This does involve setting up a 2nd server and testing your website before putting an older version live. In
- Global River team will have access to a Rackspace technical team 24/7 365